Consolidation services from APL Logistics open up the benefits of purchasing smaller quantities from a variety of vendors
Consolidation is more than simply filling up a container. It allows a buyer to procure a variety of products from a multitude of vendors without losing operational efficiency in the shipment process.
While sourcing from several vendors makes good economic sense, the complexities arise when attempting to balance production runs against full container quantities and sales forecasts. Overstocking just to qualify for full container discounts is no longer necessary. Our consolidation services allow the purchase of exact product amounts required to meet sales forecasts in the most economical way.
APL Logistics combine your goods from multiple vendors into one shipment. Acting as your single point of contact, we help eliminate lost economies of scale, management costs and extra customs requirements.
Captured under a single platform, a pipeline of information from all suppliers can be efficiently monitored. As the eyes and ears next to the production source, we verify everything from transposed Purchase Order (PO) numbers to inferior carton quality. When we know it, you know it.
Multi-vendor, multi-country, multi benefits
Beyond multiple vendors, APL Logistics manages your products sourced from more than one country.
- Coordinate collection of Less than Container Load (LCL) shipments from multiple vendors in multiple countries
- Arrange shipments from origin and consolidate them into Full Container Loads (FCL) at central hubs
- Organize FCL shipments to final destination
- Reduced freight costs – Pro-rated freight and destination charges, saving on LCL tariffs
- Faster transit time – Our weekly hub-and-spoke services help you make LCL shipments without delay
- Lower delivery expenses – Multiple- country loads are delivered complete, reducing the cost of customs and trucking
Less risk – Intact deliveries mean less risk of pilferages
You have visibility over your inventory as it moves throughout the global supply chain with the complete documentation and information services we provide.
Vendor Management Services
Our experience can help you improve your relationships with your vendors around the world to ensure you get the right products of the right standard to the right markets at the right time.