March 25, 2020 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory – COVID 19 Update: India
March 25, 2020
As of the date of this Advisory, India has announced a 21-day nationwide lock-down to curb the spread of COVID-19:
- The central and state governments have suspended all non-essential businesses.
- Our local business continuity plans have been enacted and all employees are currently working from home.
- Ports and container terminal operations remain open with skeletal staff.
- We expect reduced cargo movement to CFS and ports, with government restricting non-essential goods transport.
- APLL CFS in Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Tuticorin and Kolkata will be closed until April 14. We will be working directly with impacted customers and update as necessary.
APLL CFS in Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh continue to be operational for now with restrictions. The situation is very fluid with additional information and clarifications continuing to come in.
Please refer to this updated APL Logistics Asia Operational Status Update for further information, and contact your KAM for further information related to your cargo.
Click here to download the advisory
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.