April 27, 2020 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
There are no updates for North Asia.
There are no updates for Southeast Asia.
- India (Tamil Nadu): The southern state of Tamil Nadu announced stricter lockdown measures for five municipal corporations, including Chennai, effective April 26 through 9 pm on April 29. Over these 4 days there will be a strict 24-hour curfew with few exceptions. Our CFS operation in Chennai will be closed from April 27-April 29. We are working directly with any impacted customers and will continue to update as needed.
- Pakistan: Current social distancing measures in place have been extended to May 9 (article here). There are no impacts to operations.
Click here to download the update
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.