May 6, 2020 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
- Japan: The current state of emergency has been extended to May 31. There is no impact to current operations.
There are no updates from Southeast Asia today.
- Bangladesh: Chittagong Port is experiencing congestion largely resulting from a backup of inbound containers that are not being picked up. Currently the port is able to handle export volumes and we are managing customer outbound flows without delay. We will periodically update “port terminal” row in the Operational Status Matrix and work directly with any impacted customers.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.