June 17, 2020 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
There are no updates from North Asia today.
There are no updates from Southeast Asia today.
- Bangladesh: The local government has declared a 21-days lockdown in red zones* through July 14, 2020. Offices in yellow and green zones remain open on a limited scale with safety guidelines. All current operations remain unchanged.
*Red zones identified in link here
- India: Tamil Nadu government has announced a complete lockdown in 4 districts, including Chennai from June 19, 2020 through June 30, 2020. APL Logistics Chennai CFS and empty yards will remain operational from 9am to 2pm with limited resources. We have highlighted the A-grade 20ft containers availability issues to carriers and are monitoring the situation closely. Impacted customers have been informed and APL Logistics will update as necessary.
Chennai CFS revised capacity during lockdown period:
|Handling Capacity per Day (in CBM)||150||200|
|Labor (persons)||6 to 8||10 to 12|
|APLL Team Presence||1||1|
Summary of operational status (refer to operational matrix for further details):
|APLL CFS||Yes||Limited Resources|
|CFS Labor||Yes||Limited Resources|
|APLL Surveyor||Yes||Limited Resources|
|Trailer Transport||Yes||Limited Resources|
|CHA||Yes||APLL CHA will have presence
Few CHA has shared their inability to reach CFS
Solution to Supplier: to use APLL CHA
|Empty Yard||Yes||Limited Resources
Operational only between 9am to 2pm
One person to be responsible for multiple CFS
|Ports, Terminals||Yes||Limited Resources|
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.