August 27, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory: Hurricane Laura Makes Landfall
August 27, 2020
As reported from media outlets, Hurricane Laura made landfall in the Gulf Coast region of the U.S. on Wednesday night. In the aftermath of Hurricane Laura, many ports across the Texas-Louisiana Gulf Coast remain closed today, Thursday, August 27.
Currently there is no reported impact to APL Logistics operations, but we continue to closely monitor the situation. Please see the advisory from Union Pacific for more detailed information: Hurricane Laura Impact Update.
Texas Port Updates:
- Port Houston has reported that all container terminals will remain closed Thursday, August 27 – but all are set to reopen Friday, August 28. For more information, please see the Port Houston weather updates: Port Houston Weather Updates
- The Port of Beaumont will be closed until Monday,
- the Port of Galveston remains closed through Friday
- The Port of Corpus Christi is open and operating normally
Louisiana Port Updates:
- The Port of New Orleans’ cargo terminals are open and operating normally
- Port of Baton Rouge is open and operating
We will continue to monitor the situation and send additional updates as needed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Click here to download the advisory
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.