November 9, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory: Central America Recovering from Tropical Storm Eta
November 9, 2020
As reported from media outlets Tropical Storm Eta caused delays and closures in Central America, please see the updates below.
- Factories reopened today and they are coordinating containers for pick up.
- The ports are working with the vessels at port.
- Some key roads remain partially closed due to flooding.
- Ports of Puerto Barrios and Santo Tomas de Castilla have resumed operations as of Friday, 11/6.
- Main roads to the ports of Puerto Barrios and Santo Tomas de Castilla are flooded and container transportation is halted until further notice.
- Container movements with carriers normal however, due to storm conditions the vessels will experience departure delays.
- The Guatemalan Government has informed that the border pass with reopen on Tuesday, 11/10. Shippers can proceed with cargo delivery from El Salvador.
- We anticipate that roads to POL will be open between Thursday, 11/12 and Friday, 11/13.
- APLL is working with vendors in order to coordinate deliveries.
We will continue to monitor the situation and send additional updates as needed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Click here to download the advisory
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.