December 14, 2020 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory: Service Disruption Advisory
December 14, 2020
Please be advised that Asia-North America trade is experiencing extreme service disruptions due to widespread supply chain network challenges, such as:
- Vessels arriving late to the Ports of Los Angeles / Long Beach and are forced to wait at anchor for a berth to open
- Terminal operating efficiency has deteriorated due to congestion
- Landside challenges including chassis and trucking availability
- Labor is impacted due to COVID-19 precautions
- The Canadian ports of Toronto, Vancouver and Prince Rupert are also experiencing congestion
For more information, please see these JOC.com articles:
- Import deluge fills LA-LB terminals to capacity
- Congestion risks at North American ports rise as winter nears
These disruptions are out of APL Logistics’ control, but we are doing our best to navigate these challenges to mitigate the impact to your supply chain.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Please click here to download the advisory
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.