April 27, 2021 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
- India: Lockdown at New Delhi has been extended through May 3, 2021 (see link here). There is no significant impact on overall operations. CFS at New Delhi, Mumbai, and Tamil Nadu (Chennai & Tuticorin) remain open till 18:00 with limited staff. Activities that include cargo receiving, trucking, container loading/ delivery may experience some delays.
- Bangladesh: The local government has decided to further extend the nationwide lockdown through May 5 to counter the surge in COVID-19 cases. There is no major impact on overall operations. Offices related to air, maritime, river, and land ports remain operational. Factories remain open on the condition that they maintain health protocols. There may be some delays in operations due to restricted public movements, labor and trucker shortages.
Please click here to download the advisory
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- The bottom line is that we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.