May 25, 2021 in COVID-19 UPDATES CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (India)
- Lockdown has been imposed in all states through May 31, 2021 (see link here).
- There is some potential impact on overall CFS operations, which includes cargo receiving and stuffing due to limited labor force.
- All factories have restricted their working hours to end at 5pm daily, and there is minimal workforce available due to travel restrictions. Some factories were also voluntarily closed for the time being as a precautionary measure.
- Customs have restricted their working hours to end at 6pm daily with limited workforce.
- There is some impact on transportation to and from factories/ CFS. Drivers are not available, and only essential goods are permitted for transportation without restrictions. Vehicle E-Pass (electronic passes issued online by the state government to facilitate the commute during an emergency or urgent situation) is mandatory for every transport movement either interstate or within state.
- There are also restrictions in the original carrier OBL/APLL HBL release.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update accordingly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Please click here to download the advisory
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees are our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- The bottom line is that we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.