July 28, 2021 in COVID-19 UPDATES
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Vietnam)
Ho Chi Minh City
- Strict movement control has been imposed from July 26, 2021 (see link here). Due to this movement control, please expect some delays in shipments that require original documents (COO, OBL, etc) with physical stamp or printing.
- APLL has implemented appropriate COVID-19 precautionary measures in our warehouse/ flow center. All trucks to the warehouse will be disinfected and drivers are strictly to remain in the cabin. Submission of customs declaration (for certain shippers) will be done by designated CFS personnel to reduce exposure of outside parties.
Ho Chi Minh City & Hanoi
- In general, all truckers are required to show a negative Covid (PCR) certificate. Each province may have its own additional COVID-19 controls, including pre-registration or other COVID-19 tracing requirements. Consequently, long-haul South to North truck deliveries are not recommended due to such differing (provincial) implementation.
The local ports in Ho Chi Minh City and Haiphong remain operational. All APLL employees are currently working from home.
As the situation remains fluid, we will monitor and update accordingly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees are our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- The bottom line is that we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.