August 11, 2021 in COVID-19 UPDATES
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Vietnam)
This is a follow-up to the previous update:
- Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) has been given a “hard deadline” to control the pandemic by September 15, 2021 (see here).
- The adjacent provinces (such as Binh Duong, Long An, Dong Nai) are expected to open up by end August but subjected to prevailing COVID-19 situation. Many factories and facilities are typically located outside of HCMC, including our CFS facility.
- APLL continues our appropriate COVID-19 precautionary measures in our warehouse/ flow center.
- The overall supply chain is functional, but with limited manpower for trucking, ports, ICDs, etc.
The ports around Ho Chi Minh City and Haiphong remain fully operational. All APLL employees are currently working from home.
We will monitor the situation and update accordingly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees are our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- The bottom line is that we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.