September 17, 2021 in COVID-19 UPDATES
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Fujian, China)
- There is a lack of truck drivers due to quarantine concerns as city is still on the high-risk list. Cargo movement in this area has slowed down and shipping delays will be expected.
- Lockdowns were imposed in parts of Xiamen, south-eastern province of Fujian, China after numerous Covid-19 cases were detected in the city (see link here).
- Tong’an district in Xiamen has been closed off since Sep 16, and only epidemic prevention related vehicles can pass through. All factories in this district are impacted. Cargo delivery from this area has temporarily ceased until further notice.
- Terminal and APLL warehouse operations remain as per normal. However, drivers need to present a 48-hour negative nucleic-acid testing report before they can enter these areas.
APLL Xiamen office is in close contact with our customers and vendors to update on expected impacts and providing them with alternative solutions. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
Please click here to download the advisory
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees are our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- The bottom line is that we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.